Waitrose Isleworth - closed branch
The Gazette announced an extension of the Waitrose operations with the acquisition of Waitrose Isleworth, which opened on 12th October 1942. Sales started off well although the shortage of fish and wines and spirits made it hard to maintain figures achieved by established branches for the corresponding trading period. However it was felt that once Partners and customers became acquainted with the Waitrose methods, progress would be made.
Files held in the Partnership archive indicate that the manager lived in the flat above the shop.
The branch closed on 25th February 1963 as it was too small for conversion to self-service.