Windsor Branch 54
The first branch opened in Windsor back in 1918 and it remained at its original location right the way through until 1952.
The Partnership had brought Waitrose Ltd., then a London-based family business with ten grocery and provisions shops employing 164 staff – in October 1937.
Wallace Wyndham Waite, who opened his first shop with Arthur Rose and David Taylor 31 years before, was still in charge.
Taken from Chronicle: Volume 63, 19th April 2003.